Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder that creates irregular patterns or interrupted breathing patterns while you sleep. If a person has sleep apnea, it can create some serious problems in the body, such as high blood pressure, strokes, and even heart attacks. Spotting sleep apnea can be difficult. Here are many of the possible risk factors that can help you and our dentist detect it:
- Genetics can play a large role in the development of sleep apnea. If you know sleep apnea is in your family history, tell our dentist right away.
- Sleep apnea is sometimes created by a deviated septum as well as other types of nasal blockage or obstruction.
- Males often have a higher risk of sleep apnea.
- Individuals over the age of 40 are at an augmented risk of sleep apnea.
- Some disorders can increase the risk of sleep apnea.
- Various mouth structures can increase your risk of sleep apnea, such as oversized tonsils or a small-sized jaw in relation to your mouth.
If you think you have sleep apnea, our team at Groover Family Dentistry can help. Dr. Groover can provide you with a comprehensive oral examination to determine if you suffer from sleep apnea and need treatment. To book a visit with our dentist office in Savannah, GA, call us at 912-354-9541. Come see us, and let us show you the advantages of a sleep apnea free life!