What is a crown?
A crown is a versatile dental restoration that can be used for a variety of restorative and aesthetic purposes. The dental crown is designed to fit over the entire tooth, covering it up to the gum line. This returns a significantly damaged tooth to its original structure, size, and shape. With proper care, a dental crown in Savannah, Georgia, can last for many years, restoring the tooth’s function, health, and appearance.
Do I need a crown?
Dr. Michael J. Groover may suggest using a crown to:
- Anchor a dental bridge in place
- Improve the appearance and function of a misshapen tooth
- Cover and complete a dental implant
- Strengthen a weakened or cracked tooth
- Restore a severely decayed or damaged tooth
- Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Enhance the appearance of a seriously stained or darkened tooth
Each dental crown is custom made to blend in with the natural beauty of your smile and to provide an effective, lasting restoration. Crowns can be made from a number of materials, including gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal. If you are interested in a restoration that will look just like your natural teeth, a porcelain crown is a great choice. For more information about crowns and their many uses, we welcome you to contact our dentist today at Groover Family Dentistry.